[U-Boot-Users] Au1550 U-boot debugging - a newbie question

RadekFisera jungelist at centrum.cz
Tue Feb 19 10:30:59 CET 2008

I'm using U-boot 1.3.0. The hardware breakpoint option is set in BDI2000
configuration file in target part (initial memory controller registers
settings is also in this file)
[TARGET]
JTAGCLOCK   0      		;use 16 MHz JTAG clock
CPUTYPE     AU1000	        ;AU1000  ;the used target CPU type
ENDIAN      LITTLE              ;target is little endian
STARTUP     RESET
RESET       JTAG		;the reset type (NONE, JTAG, HARD)
BDIMODE     AGENT   	        ;the BDI working mode (LOADONLY | AGENT)
BREAKMODE   HARD          	;SOFT or HARD, HARD uses PPC hardware breakpoints
STEPMODE    JTAG                ;JTAG, HWBP or SWBP
VECTOR      CATCH               ;catch unhandled exceptions

I know that during debugging program in flash only HW breakpoints are
enabled. I tried to set breakpoint in gdb via command "break" and "hbreak"
also. In both case I have observeeed the same behaviour (SIGABRT after stepi
and "*** TARGET: all hardware breakpoints in use " in the telnet session
window). I've tried HWBP option instead of JTAG when chosing the stepmode
for BDI 2000.