[U-Boot-Users] U-boot Bus Fault Error while accessing NOR flash

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Feb 19 20:50:20 CET 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Nikhil Gautam wrote:
> Thanks for the information. My problem is that "md 0xFFFFE000" and any
> other read command up to this address works fine. Its just when I try
> to read @ 0xFFFF F000 I see this problem.

This problem with accessing the last 4k after NAND booting looks like a
problem with either cache or TLB setup to me. Please keep in mind, that while
booting via NAND the IPL (initial program loader) included in the PPC loads
exactly 4k of code into the i-cache at the last 4k. So this is exactly your
faulting location.

Note: I have not seen such issues with the NAND booting 4xx board I tested on
so far.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de