[U-Boot-Users] IDE/ATAPI, videocard on MPC8548CDS

ksi at koi8.net ksi at koi8.net
Wed Feb 20 20:37:16 CET 2008

I wonder if somebody used IDE/ATAPI on MPC8548CDS. It has VIA VT82C686B chip
on Arcadia motherboard that work just fine with no problems with Freescale's
supplied 2.6.11 Linux kernel. It's a common chip with generic register
layout etc. so stock common/cmd_ide.c should work once supplied with proper
base address and offsets.

The problem is I've just started with that platform so I don't know yet how
memory and I/O is mapped. I will be digging and I will grok it soon but it
will take time. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I'm going to put Fedora on the thing and I would've liked to boot it off of
IDE HDD rather than from Flash. That would make regular Fedora update
mechanism work without additional steps for burning kernel/initFS to
Flash...

I would also like to enable a PCI/PCI-E videocard but that can wait, I'll
have the platform groked by the time it come to that so I will be able to do
it myself.

Any help is highly appreciated...

---