[U-Boot-Users] ramdisk problem (once again?) - Solved

Miguel Angel Alvarez caronteycerbero at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 20:04:27 CET 2008

Hi.

I solved it.

First of all I would like to thank Nethra. The solution was not the one
in his mail (the bootflash parameter is the one I use when loading from
flash which worked...), but an answer is always welcome.

The question was that in my config file, I have defined
CONFIG_CMDLINE_TAG, but not CONFIG_INITRD_TAG which was required to make
it work properly.

Thanks to you all

Miguel Ángel

P.S. If anyone needs more detailed info, please tell me.

Nethra escribió:

>> Upload of kernel: tftp 0x260000 linux.uboot
>> Upload of fs:        tftp 0x3a0000 root.uboot
>>

>> Environment:
>> => printenv
>> bootcmd=run bootflash
>> bootdelay=3
>> baudrate=115200
>> eth1addr=00:02:b3:02:02:02
>> kernel_addr=50060000
>> ramdisk_addr=501A0000
>> bootflash=bootm $(kernel_addr)
>> stdin=serial
>> stdout=serial
>> stderr=serial
>> ethact=i82559#0
>> ethaddr=00:11:22:33:44:55
>> tftpdstp=10069
>> bootargs=console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/ram0 rw irqpoll
>> mtdparts=physmap-flash.0:256k(boot),128k(conf),1280k(linux),-(root)
>> mem=128MB
>> filesize=f4040
>> fileaddr=3A0000
>> netmask=255.255.0.0
>> ipaddr=128.127.165.133
>> serverip=128.127.50.94
>>

> Hi Miguel Angel,
>
> In your case everything seems to be correct.....
>
> but bootflash=bootm $(kernel_addr) should be
>      bootflash=bootm 0x260000 0x3a0000 i.e.,bootflash=bootm $(kernel_addr)
> $(rams) for ramdisk booting.
>     u can test with bootargs=/dev/ram itself.
>

> Let me know output of it....
>
> best regards,
> Nethra

it from your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive
late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions that are present in this
message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail
transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy
version. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of the company.