[U-Boot-Users] Stop U-boot from booting [ Halt it ]

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Fri Feb 22 16:10:25 CET 2008

Hi,

On 22 Feb 2008 at 9:53, Pawel Pastuszak wrote:

> How would i go about halting u-boot, one on my requirement is to stop the board from booting if one of the POST test fails or anthor test fails.
>
> The only thing that i could think of was setting ....
>
> setenv("bootcmd", "");
>

> But i think there is a better way. Any suggestions,

I did not yet try it, but my idea to achieve this is to
have bootcmd be a simple conditional chain containing
all the tests and dependencies, in my case:

fpga loadmk 0 0x54000 && fpga loadmk 1 0x6c0000 && bootm 0x80000 || run_update

Again, this is just the idea I have for my own board, I did
not yet try it! (run_update is what will be our firmware
update function)

Regards,
Wolfgang