[U-Boot-Users] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 24 00:42:45 CET 2008

In message <200802231819.56414.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> > Still the patches need to be reviewed first.
>
> fair enough.  i'd point out for the cpu unification, the patch is 400k and i'm
> not about to go splitting it up just so the mailing list will accept it.  if
> people actually care, they can read the diff in the git tree.

Mike, this is not the way you are supposed to react - not as a norman
developer, and escpecially not as a custodian.

You want the stuff to go in, so please make it easy for us to review
it.

> > In cases like this one, where there is a custodian who  caresa  about
> > the  topic  of the patches, I wait for his pull request and then pull
> > from the repo. The posting of the patches  is  primarily  for  giving
> > others a chance to review the stuff *before* it goes into mainline.
>
> so for all Blackfin patches, i'll post them and people may review them, but
> you wont merge them until i put them into my tree for you to pull ?

Correct - except that you already have  those  patches  in  some  git
repository,  because otherwise you could not use git-format-patch and
git-send-email to prepare resp. to send the patches.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The price of curiosity is a terminal experience.
                         - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_