[U-Boot-Users] Contribution: EHCI USB HC driver

Marcel Moolenaar marcelm at juniper.net
Mon Feb 25 21:07:31 CET 2008

All,

Juniper Networks wrote a driver for the EHCI UCB HC and I'd like to
contribute that back if there's interest. Besides a new piece of code,
this also changes some of the common USB code so that high-speed
devices and split-transactions are supported.

At this time the EHCI driver is exclusive in that there's no support
for having the companion controller active. I presume this is one of
the major themes for adding EHCI support, so that's definitely open
  for discussion.

Attached a patch with the common code changes as well as the EHCI
driver itself. The patch does not contain any changes to get it built
(i.e. included in libusb, etc). A seasoned U-Boot developer should
have no problem playing with it, while the details are being worked
out for getting this alongside a USB 1.1 HC driver.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Please let me know how best to
move forward with adding this to U-Boot, provided there's interest.
FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
marcelm at juniper.net