[U-Boot-Users] MPC8541CDS board PHY interface

M Ravi Prakash Reddy mrp_crl at yahoo.co.in
Tue Feb 26 11:09:05 CET 2008

 Hi,

  We have designed a MPC8541 based card taking MPC8541CDS card as reference . In our card we have provided marvell Gigabit Dual PHY chip "MV88E1121" on the Tsec RGMII interface. We are using U-Boot as firmware . We have changed the value of first two elements of structure "phy_info " from 0x01410c6 &  "Marvell 88E1011S" to 0x01410cb & "Marvell 88E1121S"respectively in in tsec.c file. These changes we have made as per the PHY identifier 1 & PHY identifier 2 from the 88E1121 datasheet .  With these changes U-boot is able to recognize  our Phy chip .

  As per  MPC8555ERM.pdf document TX_CLK for the PHY will be supplied by the powerPC in RGMII mode . In our case we are not getting this clock. We are not able to ping our board.
   we want to know what all changes are required in the U-Boot code to initialize the PowerPC for RGMII operation.

Thanks & regards
M Ravi

      Download prohibited? No problem. CHAT from any browser, without download. Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php/