[U-Boot-Users] ramdisk booting problem

bott at dei.unipd.it bott at dei.unipd.it
Thu Feb 28 13:39:07 CET 2008

Quoting Markus Klotzbücher <mk at denx.de>:

> bott at dei.unipd.it writes:
>
>> I am trying to boot linux with a ramdisk on a board based on TI dm6446.
>>
>> I am facing a weird problem: it correctly boots images smaller than
>> 2.5MB, while bugger ones stop boot after image decompression, before
>> the kernel boots.
>>
>> I'm not able to find out the reason why it hangs.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestion?
>
> One common pitfall is that during decompression some vital code is
> overwritten by the decompressed data. Double check that the memory area
> to which you are decompressing your image is large enough to hold the
> uncompressed data and doesn't overlap with any code.

Thanks for you answer Markus,

this is what I suspect, but I don't have any idea how I can check it.
I mean, how can I see where the decompressed image is put? I tried
giving a look at lib/inflate.c to check how gunzip() works, but I'm
not able to figure out where inflated data goes....

Bye,

Ottavio.