[U-Boot-Users] RMII on MPC8272ADS

john at spectross.com john at spectross.com
Thu Feb 28 17:09:31 CET 2008

Hi,

Currently I am testing the RMII ethernet functionality on the MPC8272ADS
board.

I need help........

I want you to validate my modifications for RMII mode on the ADS board after
setting jumpers JP5 & JP10 accordingly.

Modifications to U-Boot-1.3.2-rc1:

Currently FCC_ETHER_INDEX = 1:

/include/configs/MPC8272ADS.h -->

#define CONFIG_ADSTYPE CFG_8260ADS
#define CONFIG_ADSTYPE CFG_8272ADS

&

#define CFG_FCC_PSMR (FCC_PSMR_FDE | FCC_PSMR_LPB)  /* Full duplex */
#define CFG_FCC_PSMR (FCC_PSMR_FDE | FCC_PSMR_LPB | FCC_PSMR_RMII)  /* Full
duplex & RMII mode*/

/board/mpc8260ads/mpc8260ads.c -->

miiphy_write(CFG_PHY_ADDR, 16, 0x610);
miiphy_write(CFG_PHY_ADDR, 16, 0x710);

Is there something I am missing ? after executing the above mentioned
changes ping stopped working ("host not alive")...

MII mode worked fine on the same board.

Kindly suggest, if more changes would be required.

Regds.
John