[U-Boot-Users] 1.3.2-rc2 83xx CONFIG_HAS_ETHX not passing MAC addresses

Marc Leeman marc.leeman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 14:03:18 CET 2008

When booting an 8347 processor, the MAC addresses (ethaddr and eth1addr)
don't seem to get passed anymore.

I modified my config to include CONFIG_HAS_ETH0 and CONFIG_HAS_ETH1 and
I am entering the code in fdt_fixup_ethernet (common/fdt_support.c) but
get stuck at node = fdt_path_offset(fdt, "/aliases");

Once this fails, the MAC addresses are not passed along.

Any search on
[mleeman at neo linux-2.6.24]$ grep aliases arch/powerpc/boot/dts|wc -l
0

turns up empty for the 2.6.24 kernels, looking for "aliases" in the
kernel Documentation does not give a hit that seems relevant for device
trees.

and the only ref that seems to be on topic is:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/36004

Is this using some dts node that is not yet in the released kernel
(2.6.24) [1]?

[1] It's probably something I missed since I found this one too:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=12671

--
  greetz, marc
Human. It's kinda like Sebacean, but we haven't conquered other worlds