[U-Boot-Users] Altera Stratix II

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Feb 29 18:45:20 CET 2008

Hi Eran and Markus,

> I still have my patches and am working (for reasons which are
> connected with the flat device tree & initrd) to make them patch
> cleanly against latest RC. If any want wants them for him self or any
> interested in making the effort to apply them... I will gladly send
> him/her everything i have.

Good, thanks.

> Second:
> If you follow the mailing list you can see I have tried real hard to
> follow the general conformance and be a nice contributing dude. At the
> time my patches where applied cleanly against whatever git version i
> was told to... at some point i had enough of those games.

Do you really think that rules that *everyone* contributing to a project
has to follow to achieve goals like maintainability, readability and
changeability is "playing games"?

I admit that the rules are checked pretty strictly in U-Boot, but the
rules as such are in my opinion pretty comparable to other projects....

> Third:
> This is no Ego games/wars and i certainly don't need my name carved in
> u-boot code for eternity (though i think it already is somewhere) . If
> anyone wants to have my patches I will gladly give them (just don't
> tell me you don't like the indention or whatever)

I would really like to see Eran to get the patches into acceptable state
(should be not much work from what I can tell), but if this does not
happen, Markus can you pick up the patches and massage them into
acceptance?  In this way you'd get what you want and contribute to
U-Boot?  This would be very much appreciated...

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The  mathematician's patterns,  like the  painter's or  the poet's,  must be
beautiful;  the ideas, like the colours or the words, must fit together in a