[U-Boot-Users] Duplicate IP address check

Dan Batryn DBatryn at shoretel.com
Fri Jan 4 23:01:37 CET 2008

        Due to a mis-configuration of our DHCP server there was an overlapping range of DHCP assigned IP address and units configured to have IP addresses statically assigned.  I was surprised to find that UBOOT did not complain of a duplicate IP address while trying to boot via the network.  Looking through the source I cannot see any code to perform the typical ARP for yourself check that I have seen before.  Could someone please tell me if I have overlooked something or is this feature missing?

Daniel Batryn
Shoretel Inc.
960 Stewart
Sunnyvale, CA  94085