[U-Boot-Users] MPC83XX with 2GB RAM, settings of IBAT and DBAT

Armand C. armand.ciejak at free.fr
Mon Jan 7 16:08:59 CET 2008

I'm working on a custom board with a MPC8347 and I've got a question about
the configuration of the IBAT and DBAT for the DDR-SDRAM.
I use u-boot 1.3.0 and my board's configuration is based on the MPC8349ITX.

Our board has 1GB of RAM, since the maximum size for IBAT/DBAT is 256MB I
have to use 4 of them to "map" the all memory.
We plan to have a 2GB version of the board and I'm wondering what to do with
IBAT/DBAT configuration since with 2 GB of RAM I would need to use all of
the 8 IBAT/DBAT available but some of them are used for the PCI and other
peripherals.

Does someone know how to get around this?

Armand