[U-Boot-Users] Do we enable Interrupts in U-Boot?

Andreas Schweigstill andreas at schweigstill.de
Tue Jan 8 14:08:54 CET 2008

Hello!

Andreas Schweigstill schrieb:
> There have been lots of requests for some kind of multitasking but it
> would be quite time-consuming to implement this without breaking
> compatibility with many software parts why rely on the fact that they
> have full control over the system when running.

And I also forgot to mention that sometimes it is a really big advantage
to rely on no interrupt handlers running in the background. If I want to
test some hardware I usually write a small test program as a U-Boot
command and don't write a Linux or RTOS driver because I need a "bare"
system with a command line processor.

Regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--