[U-Boot-Users] send bytes on non-console serial port during boot

embedded embedded at akb.net
Tue Jan 8 18:21:48 CET 2008

Within the board init code, I'd like to initialize a device that is
connected to a non-console serial port. (SCC4)  (console on smc1)

This is simply done by setting up the serial port 9600 8n1 and sending
to bytes: 0x3 and 0x1.  Is there a way to use existing uboot routines
to setup and send a few bytes?  I find a lot of code for setting up
console serial ports, but I'm not familiar enough with the serial
code-paths to initialize and transmit a few bytes on the serial line
without running the full console setup.

Any pointers would be great.

setup brg