[U-Boot-Users] crc32 checksum header in bootvars section of flash

u-boot user aparna_badve at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 00:51:17 CET 2008

Hello all,

Can anybody tell me where in u-boot source code and how is the crc32
checksum generated for the bootvars
section in flash? I edited the bootvars and have saved it to a file. The
crc32 checksum header needs to be appended at the beginning of bootvars. I
need to load the bootvars file and change it according for different board
configurations. I put printf statements in env_common.c in u-boot source
code in function env_crc_update() to print the crc32 checksum it calculates.
But the values in the bootvars section in flash do not match with the printf
values? There is a crc32 command in the u-boot bootloader as well. Is that
used to calculate the checksum in the bootvars section? If yes, then what
option is it used with and can we replicate the same code in user space so
we can edit our own files and append checksums to it at the beginning?

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks and Regards