[U-Boot-Users] How to define CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE?

jie han jiehanca at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jan 9 21:14:35 CET 2008

What's different between CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT and CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE?
My board is mpc8641d and u-boot version is 1.3.1.
I f I define CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE,and u-boot command bootm will call ft_setup() function, and how is it work?I found DTS files under kernel /arch/powerpc/sysDev directory,Could you give me some advice how to build it?

Thanks,

Jie

Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren at ge.com> wrote: jie han wrote:
> I define CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE support under u-boot.I just want to know
> how can I get/set the third address(the address of the device-tree blob)
> that we will use at bootm command?Thanks ahead,
>
> Sincerely,
> Jie

Hi Jie,

Board and processor are???  U-boot version is???

You most likely want to define CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT, CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE is
deprecated.

I'm presuming you are using a recent u-boot (preferably tip-o-tree).

The device tree blob will be where you load it.  :-)  TFTP is a
convenient method...

Your question could be interpreted that you don't have a blob to load.
If not, you need to generate a blob using a FDT source file (.dts) that
describes your hardware and compiled it with "dtc".  Example FDT sources
and the device tree compiler itself are now part of the linux kernel
sources.

Good luck,
gvb