[U-Boot-Users] TSEC Ethernet driver patch - RFC

michael.firth at bt.com michael.firth at bt.com
Tue Jan 15 22:14:30 CET 2008

I guess a middle option is to make the two options (multi MDIO bus
support versus
the ability to access all devices on a single MDIO bus) available via a
configuration option.

I think the way to do this from my patch is to instead retain the
'get_priv_for_phy' function
within a #ifdef for the configuration option, and select whether to call
the function or always
use the first TSEC instance, again based on the #define.

Given that, as you said, several people, have suggested that the whole
PHY support in U-Boot
needs an overhaul, another question is whether any support for the
internal PHYs is likely to
be implemented before this overhaul.

I guess that if the old functionality is still available within the
code, then, when the TBI
support is implemented then the person that does that has easy access to
all the code options.

Regards

Michael