[U-Boot-Users] Can DHCP be used for TFTP booting?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 15 23:45:22 CET 2008

In message <95455e980801151417v6ee20603uc740c8536c3aee5e at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am currently using a fixed tftp server and client IP address for
> booting from tftp, it works fine. I am wondering if the DHCP can be
> used or not for tftp booting, either for both TFTP server and client
> IP address or just for client IP address? If so, could you please give
> an example of how to config DHCP parameters in CONFIG_BOOTARGS and
> CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND?

yes, it can be used. Just run the "dhcpboot" command (or short
"dhcp"), and follow the description in The Fine Manual how to pass
command line information to the Linux kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The use of anthropomorphic terminology when  dealing  with  computing
systems is a symptom of professional immaturity.   -- Edsger Dijkstra