[U-Boot-Users] Merge Window

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Jan 16 21:57:50 CET 2008

Hi Darcy,

On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Darcy Watkins wrote:
> The merge window closes soon after the 17th right?

Correct. Ups, that's tomorrow. I have to hurry then. :)

> Will there be a release candidate soon after that?

Sure.

> When?

No idea. Pretty soon I suppose.

> I have an arch/powerpc (not arch/ppc) 2.6.23 kernel for AMCC 405EP using
> a cuImage that launches from old style U-Boot (the version shipped with
> the Taihu and a 1.3.0-rc2 in our own board).  I'll be interested in
> trying out the new U-boot's OF FDT boot scheme (i.e. uImage instead of
> cuImage) for ppc4xx using this kernel.

Then go ahead and send patches for your board support to get them included
into the U-Boot repository.

Supporting arch/powerpc without Linux bootwrapper in 4xx is not hard nowadays.
Take a look at Kilauea or Sequoia for example.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de