[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on M5275EVB?

David van Geest david at rhythmreloaded.com
Thu Jan 17 04:41:08 CET 2008

TsiChung,
Thanks for your reply.  I'll focus my efforts on 1.3.1, adjusting code from
the M5271EVB.  Through some rather sketchy adjustments, I actually have it
compiling now.  Here's what I did in addition to my previous efforts:

1. Changed the line in immap.h to #if defined(CONFIG_M5271) ||
defined(CONFIG_M5275)

2.  Did some un-holy commenting of the following sections in
/home/david/u-boot/cpu/mcf52x2/start.S

(lines 61 - 62)
//#elif defined(CONFIG_M5282) && (TEXT_BASE == CFG_INT_FLASH_BASE)
//.long    _start - TEXT_BASE

(lines 180 - 182)
//#if defined(CONFIG_M5282) && (TEXT_BASE == CFG_INT_FLASH_BASE)
//    move.l    #CFG_INT_FLASH_BASE, %d0
//#else

(lines 333 - 336)
//#if defined(DEBUG) && (TEXT_BASE != CFG_INT_FLASH_BASE) && \
    defined(CFG_HALT_BEFOR_RAM_JUMP)
//    halt
//#endif

The first two don't seem too essential, seeing as how I'm not using the
M5282, but the last one is somewhat worrying.  The issue seems to be that
TEXT_BASE is not defined.... all the errors said "no left operand".  I never
touched these lines or TEXT_BASE, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

2. added board/m5275evb and copied files from board/m5271evb, renaming
m5271evb.c to m5275evb.c.

I'm tempted to try it out on our board, but somewhat un-optimistic about the
results.  If it does screw things up, I should be able to re-flash the dBug
firmware with CF Flasher, correct?

Let me know when you have had a look at it.
Thanks.

-David
[ Rhythm Reloaded ]
www.rhythmreloaded.com