[U-Boot-Users] flashcp checksum problem

sj29fr sj29fr at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 22 17:48:02 CET 2008

I have an ARM922T with u-boot 1.2.0
I created 1 image with mkimage. This image contains my kernel (zImage) and my
ramdisk.
mkimage -A arm -o linux -T multi -C none -a 0x8000 -e 0x8000 -n
"Kernel-Ramdisk-Image" -d zImage:ramdisk.gz mImage

1) Flash mImage with uboot
The kernel works nice.

2) Now I want to upgrade Flash image from Linux
I use flashcp on my MTD partition. I successfully write the image.
$ flashcp updateImage /dev/mtd1
When I reboot I have a bad CRC error in u-boot.

I made a dump of my MTD partition with dd and I compared it to mImage.
I have seen thaht CRLF are replace by LF !
Why does u-boot remove CR ?
How can I generate a correct image for flashcp ?
Is there a special tool to generate an image for flashcp or is there another
tool than flashcp to update my board ?
How can I verify the image checksum ?