[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot ADS5121 USB_TTY

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 23 12:12:54 CET 2008

Dear Peter,

in message <OFF62DC45D.4FD98D03-ONC12573D9.0038E3DC-C12573D9.003AAD1C at bang-olufsen.dk> you wrote:

> I have a FreeScale ADS5121 board and would like to use USB_TTY with U-Boot
> on this board.

You mean, you have added a USB driver for the MPC5121e? That's great
news!

> When i try to build the newest U-Boot snapshot with the FreeScale LTIB
> toolchain i get this error
> In file included from
> /home/pdj/code/u-boot_test/u-boot/include/commproc.h:24,
>                  from
> /home/pdj/code/u-boot_test/u-boot/include/usbdcore_mpc8xx.h:23,
>                  from usbtty.h:30,
>                  from usbtty.c:33:
> /home/pdj/code/u-boot_test/u-boot/include/asm/8xx_immap.h:493: error:
> redefinition of 'struct immap'

You should not try to build any MPC8xx code on a MPC5121e system -
this makes no sense.

> can anyone help me with suggestions to fix this error

Check your configursation - hy does it compile the 8xx driver instead
of your newly added 512x one?

> --=_alternative 003AAD18C12573D9_=

And please, don't post HTML on this list!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only solution is ... a balance of power. We  arm  our  side  with
exactly  that  much  more.  A balance of power -- the trickiest, most
difficult, dirtiest game of them all. But the only one that preserves
both sides.
	-- Kirk, "A Private Little War", stardate 4211.8