[U-Boot-Users] flashcp checksum problem

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 15:58:48 CET 2008

sj29fr wrote:
>> flashcp is something that is *not* part of the public U-Boot code, so
>> please don't expect much help here on the list. Rather ask  the  guys
>> who provided that version of U-Boot to you.
>>

> So is there a supported tool to upgrade from linux ?

Sure. Use mtd-utils in Linux user-space to copy your new U-boot image
into flash. Of course, this runs the risk of 'bricking' your board if
there's a problem with the copy or if you embed your environment
variables in the image, but there are tons of ways to make it a little
safer. I'm sure you'll figure something out.

regards,
Ben