[U-Boot-Users] ppc start.S 'rfmci' opcode not recognized by ppc-440 compiler

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 25 00:16:38 CET 2008

In message <BAY105-W941DAAA033A35111ABA208E380 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> 1) also i made a change in the Makefile show above which made me wonder if using ppc_8xx as the default for all ppc board is a correct assumption ?

It's a pretty good default, as you can build all existing PPC targets
with it, and 90% of them will actually run on the target.  Of  course
it's  not recommended to actually do that. Instead, you should always
set CXROSS_COMPILE as appropriate for your CPU.

> maybe its just a place holder. or maybe the rfmci is only available in ppc_8xx.

> 2) other question is what option do i have to use the latest u-boot 1.3.1 with my ppc_440 build tools as it doesn't recognizes 'rfmci' opcode.

Please read the documentation for your toolchain, i. e. how to use it
correctly. If this doesn't help, please contact MontaVista  technical
support.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
                                                 -- Benjamin Franklin