[U-Boot-Users] RFC: Concise Build Output

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Fri Jan 25 18:39:14 CET 2008

Grant Likely wrote:

> Hey Jon, Wolfgang;
>
> I think this is a good change myself.  The biggest reason is that it
> makes the default output terse instead of verbose.  I'd hazard to
> wager that most developers don't use 'make -s', MAKEALL, or anything
> else to trim the output (I certainly don't).  By making the default
> output terse, with errors and warning visually distinct from progress
> indication, in increases the likelyhood that warnings will actually
> get seen and fixed (because more people will notice it).

Heh.  In fact, if you were all paying really close attention,
I submitted a compiler warning cleanup patch in the middle
of this effort due to finally _seeing_ it! :-)

> I say make this change.

Thanks for the support here!
So, OK, I'll continue to fixup the remaining
board Makefiles, make it all available, and post
the patches here as well!

Thanks,
jdl