[U-Boot-Users] [ARM] Add support for AT91CAP9 cpu andAT91CAP9A-DK board

Stelian Pop stelian at popies.net
Sun Jan 27 00:49:07 CET 2008

Le samedi 26 janvier 2008 à 20:28 +0100, Haavard Skinnemoen a écrit :
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 09:24:42 +0100
> Stelian Pop <stelian at popies.net> wrote:
>
> > This header file comes directly from Atmel: it contains the register
> > definitions for _all_ the hardware on the AT91CAP9.
>
> Most of which are in the tree already. For example, register
> definitions for the macb ethernet controller is in macb.h, in the same
> directory as the driver using it.

Same for UART registers.

> > Of course, u-boot does only need a (small) subset of it. If you prefer,
> > I can simplify it.
>
> IMO, it would be much better if you split it up and put the relevant
> bits alongside the code that uses them.

Yes, it does indeed make sense, at least for cross-platform drivers
which live in drivers/.

I removed all the unused parts of AT91CAP9.h, this downs the size up 37
KB (more than 10 times smaller than before).

I'll be submitting a new series of patches shortly.

Thanks,

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian at popies.net>