[U-Boot-Users] NAND driver question

Craig Millen craig.millen at pikatech.com
Tue Jan 29 17:44:23 CET 2008

I have been experiencing a few problems when using a NAND flash for
storage in u-boot.

When I'm reading large files (7MB) from the NAND, periodically there
will be a NAND ECC read error when using the following command:

=> nand read 400000 0 154000
NAND read: device 0 offset 0x0, size 0x154000  1392640 bytes read:
ERROR.

After turning on debug, the problem is occurring in the nand_read_ecc
function whereby the ecc check fails. After running it numerous times,
there seems to be no correlation between pages that fail and appears to
be completely random.
Has anyone else had these problems?

Furthermore, the "nand write" command doesn't skip bad blocks.  Are you
supposed to use a different command to write files to the NAND that
skips the bad blocks?

Thanks
Craig