[U-Boot-Users] Booting Standalone App?

onyxtape onyxtape at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:39:47 CET 2008

Wolfgang,

Thank you for your reply.

I've already read the documents that you have referenced before posting my
first message. I had already gotten hello_world to run in u-boot without
problems (by using the go command), so that is not an issue.

My original question was - is it possible to boot a standalone application
like the hello_world example like a kernel? I did not see any reference
materials which shows how this is done. I have not changed the code in
hello_world, so the entry point should not have moved. Did I use mkimage
correctly?

Thanks,
Randy

See http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootStandalone and