[U-Boot-Users] Relocating code problem

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Tue Jul 1 14:17:30 CEST 2008

Aruna Kumari wrote:
> I have a problem durinf relocating of code from sdram. The uboot hangs.
> My sdram initialization is correct as it has passed ddr test.
> Kindly help me in solving this.
> I am using Jtag to download uboot to flash.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aruna,

Hi Aruna,

This is a FAQ.
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation>

Just because your SDRAM configuration passes the ddr test doesn't
necessarily mean it is working 100% correctly.  Misconfigured SDRAM will
"work" if it isn't driven hard (i.e. pipelining effectively not being used).
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/SDRAM>

If your SDRAM *is* working as you claim, you found a new problem and
will have to update the FAQ.  :-/

HTH,
gvb