[U-Boot-Users] e1000 problem @ current u-boot

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Thu Jul 3 17:40:06 CEST 2008

Wolfgang,

of course I meant no offense - of course your patch is harmless.

The System (network camera) is running for nearly 2 years now.
Last working version has been u-boot 1.2.x with a 2.6.19 kernel.

Since we've moved to the latest kernel we need a more recent u-boot.

This is what I did - and e1000 no longer works.

Of course I diff'ed the network stuff - no obvious changes at all.
So I wonder if the problem is elsewhere and if e1000 is still working in
general.

As you say this is obviously true - thanks.

regards,
Andre

Wolfgang Grandegger schrieb:
> Andre Schwarz wrote:
>> Wolfgang,
>>
>> as far as I can see on the list you sent the latest patches for the
>> e1000 driver.
>
> My patches just added some device ids,
>

>> My e1000 (82541ER) stopped working on a MPC5200 based board with latest
>> u-boot.
>> I have a similar problem on another board ...
>>
>> Is your e1000 working properly on the latest u-boot ?
>
> Yes, on a  MPC8548 board. I have not tested it on the MPC5200.
>
>> Do I need any additional defines or environment settings to get it
>> working again ?
>>
>> Obviously it is - again :-[ - my fault or is related to my build system.
>
> I think there are some known problems with PCI on boards with a
> MPC5200 Rev. A processor, e.g. my EEPRO100 card does not work on it.
> What exactly does not work?
>
> Wolfgang.

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner