[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-boot using Trace32 in Linux..

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini at idf-hit.com
Tue Jul 8 09:38:04 CEST 2008

Hi Yi-Neng,

you are wrong :) I'm using Lauterbach Trace32 under Linux with success.
Ask to your FAE or Lauterbach technical support to have a linux release.

Anyway, for debug u-boot I use a script like the attachment.

ciao ciao

luigi

On mar, 2008-07-08 at 11:41 +0800, Yi-Neng Lin wrote:
> Hi there,
> Recently I've been trying to debug U-boot using Trace32 in my Fedora
> Linux. Since the software does not have a linux version, I tried to use
> WINE, a windows emulator, to execute the binaries. But it just does not
> work (via parallel port).
>
> Can anyone here give me a pointer about this? Did anyone succeeded in
> debugging with Trace32 in Linux? Thanks a lot.
>
> Yi-Neng

     ______       Luigi Mantellini
   .'______'.     R&D - Software
  (.'      '.)    Industrie Dial Face S.p.A.
  ( :=----=: )    Via Canzo, 4
  ('.______.')    20068 Peschiera Borromeo (MI), Italy
   '.______.'     Tel.: +39 02 5167 2813
                  Fax:  +39 02 5167 2459