[U-Boot-Users] V2 status, (Was Re: V2: Error in recent check-in)

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Tue Jul 8 12:18:18 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 12:36:13AM -0700, Chris Zankel wrote:
> I really like the structure of V2 but my fear is that there's not
> enough man power behind it.

It depends on how far people's interest will go in the future. It turned
out to be relatively easy to port things over to a solid design once a
feature is really needed by somebody.

> We are using Phytec's i.MX27 board, so we are 'stuck' with that
> version.

Consider it a feature, you can help lowering the (ifdef) entropy in the
universe :-) Which functionality are you missing?

> I'm sorry if this questions has been asked before, but do you see more
> momentum to push for V2?

It depends on community and customer interest.

> It's probably too early to ask for a separate V2 mailing list?

Yes; at the moment it's probably better to leave the traffic here. It
still can be split up once it goes up significantly.

rsc
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9