[U-Boot-Users] Tftp command !!

Amit Kumar Amit_Kumar91 at infosys.com
Thu Jul 10 12:56:22 CEST 2008

Dear Wolfgang Denk,

> If you had to make changes, this means that you are not running on the
very same hardware as trhe board configuration was made for.

[Amit]: If you look at my so called "changes" they don't make any difference. For example #defining one FLAG does not mean that there is change. README clearly mentions that if one wants particular piece of code to be enabled then #define it. Secondly, there is increase in number of sectors.
I think you have not looked at what I meant by "changes".

> Obviously you failed to port U-Boot correctly to your hardware. This
can be anything.

[Amit]: In my case there is no need of porting because as per my above explanation there is no change in the code and I am able to run commands from hyper terminal like "saveenv", setenv, erase, fli, bdi ... etc

> We cannot ignore it. It is legal advice from your company, isn't it?

[Amit]: As per the disclaimer "If you are not the intended recipient and you copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other person" then such actions are unlawful. In this case, intended recipient is u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net ... so I think there should not be any problem.

> This means that your posting of this message to a public maling list was unlawful. Please do not do this again. Such incidents may be
reported to your management.

[Amit]: By my above explanation, I don't think I have done anything wrong. If you still think I have done something wrong or I have missed something, kindly explain me.

Regards,
Amit Kumar
Project Manager
Infosys, India