[U-Boot-Users] Support for the ML507

Ricardo Ribalda Delgado ricardo.ribalda at uam.es
Thu Jul 10 20:14:26 CEST 2008

Hello again:

  This is my third submission of the same thing, please be indulgent....:

  This month I have been working on the ml507 board, trying to give it
support. This boards has a lot of components and I have developed
drivers for some of them. On my first submission, the board and the
drivers were on a single diff file. The mail list didn't like a
message so big so I cutted it in 4 parts, bziped it and resend it.
Later on I have realized that, it do not support the guidelines on the
web.... And it will be huge work for the mantainers to check all that
code

  So, I have spent the evening dividing the big patch in 8 independent
patches. I have used the git tools to prepare the patches and resend
them... Unfortunatelly some of this files are bigged than the 40kb
limit.... If the mail list administrator don't accept this parts you
can download the full set of patches from my website:
http://www.ii.uam.es/~rribalda/ml507.tgz

  Why my patches are so big... They give support to IPs by Xilinx,
which have some kind of generic drivers to adapt them to multiple
OS... When the driver was very complex I have used this generic
drivers and added an adaptor. Because it does not follows the coding
guidelines, all this drivers have been located under the board
directory to respect all your "clean" work.

   Sorry for the mess I have created in just a matter of minutes.

         Best Regards and I hope to see my code on the main line someday.

--
Ricardo Ribalda
http://www.eps.uam.es/~rribalda/