[U-Boot-Users] QE UEC: MII command support and adding UECs

richardretanubun richardretanubun at ruggedcom.com
Wed Jul 16 21:17:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am wondering if the miiphy command support for QE UEC is already
merged into u-boot on some tree.

The last info I have on this patch is on this posting:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/38965

It looked like it was about to make it into 1.3.3

I have checked both the main u.boot.git as well as the 83xx and 85xx
tree and can't find the changes there.

Also, is there a blob written anywhere about the limitations and
considerations for adding (even) more
QE UEC interfaces? I was about to naively add two more UECs before
reading this:

commit:     2465665b73ac2f688af945b1ed510752afa816a4

QE UEC: Extend number of supported UECs to 4

This patch extends the number of supported UECs to 4. Note that the
problem of QE thread resources exhaustion is resolved by setting the
correct number of QE threads according to Ethernet type (GBE or FE).

So that this mean one can safely add more UECs so long as there is
enough memory to support it?

Thank you for all your help.

Richard Retanubun