[U-Boot-Users] Linux not booting and jffs2 FS not mounting

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Jul 22 20:24:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:11:12PM +0530, Vijay Nikam wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have mpc8313erdb evaluation board ... now I am trying to boot it
> from NAND Flash (32MB Flash) ... I am able to get u-boot prompt ...
> but the linux kernel is not booting and so filesystem is not mounting
>
> It says :
> No filesystem could mount root,
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)
> Rebooting in 180 seconds
>
> what is going wrong ? ? ? Please acknowledge ... thank you ...

You have to give us more information, such as full kernel output, config,
device tree, and steps you took to load the filesystem into flash.

BTW, since NAND boot on 83xx is not yet supported in upstream u-boot, I
assume you're using the BSP.  Are you also using the BSP kernel?  If so,
please use the latest upstream kernel.

-Scott