[U-Boot-Users] eth interface (motfec) is not woring with u-boot1.1.3

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Wed Jul 23 22:30:17 CEST 2008

Please stop sending HMTL encoded messages to the list.
Please use plain text.  (Using plain text is a requirement
for using this mailing list.)

vijays vijays wrote:

> I have updated the my configuration for the CONFIG_ETHADDR and
> CONFIG_IPADDR
> But still getting same "TX timeout"  error. from function
> static int fec_send(struct eth_device* dev, volatile void *packet,
> int length) in defined in the cpu/mpc8xx/fec.c

> -----
>     while ((rtx->txbd[txIdx].cbd_sc & BD_ENET_TX_READY)
>         && (j<TOUT_LOOP)) {
> #if defined(CONFIG_ICU862)
>         udelay(10);
> #else
>         udelay(100);
> #endif
>         j++;
>     }
>     if (j>=TOUT_LOOP) {
>         printf("TX timeout..testing.\n");
>     }
> -----

> When I am running VxWorks on the same board LEDs at RJ45 connector
> (Ethernet interfaces) on the board are glowing but when u-boot is up
> these LED are off.   It seems that ETH interface is not up yet.

Perhaps, your Ethernet driver is not properly configured.  Recheck these
definitions in your include/configs/tc870.h file:

#define    CONFIG_NET_MULTI    1     /* the only way to get the FEC in
*/
#define    FEC_ENET        1    /* eth.c needs it that way... */
#define CONFIG_FEC_ENET      1
#undef CFG_DISCOVER_PHY
#define CONFIG_MII        1
#define CONFIG_RMII        1     /* use RMII interface */

I would pay special attention to CFG_DISCOVER_PHY.  Maybe the wrong
Phy is being configured?

> Which board can be used as the reference board for the MPC870.

Maybe someone with experience with Ethernet on the MPC870 can answer?

I don't have a tc870 board or an MPC870, so this is the last
time you'll hear from me on this topic.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs