[U-Boot-Users] Need Some Help

Ken.Fuchs at bench.com Ken.Fuchs at bench.com
Wed Jul 23 22:48:38 CEST 2008

Please do not use HTML on this mailing list.  All
messages to this list must be in plain text.

Mondesir, Alshine wrote:

> My latest endeavor has me cross compiling a stand
> alone application for > MPC8548 PPC for a U-Boot
> Based target.  There is no Operating System to
> run on the target to speak of, just my application.
> I'm building the application in Code Warrior
> using an 8548_init.S hardware initialization file.

> 1) My first thought was that this should be as
> simple as using the .ELF image that codewarrior
> produces, right?  So I build a simple hello_world
> application and sent it down to my target.  U-Boot
> recognizes it as an ELF image, sets up the
> segments, and tries to run it!  But then low and
> behold, the U-Boot flash image comes up again.

> => bootelf 400000

> => bootm 400000

> How do I go about exporting my code warrior
> application so that I can run it as stand-alone
> on a U-Boot based target?  Thanks so much

I suspect that your application is using a device
or resource that neither U-Boot nor your
application have properly initialized.

What is your display device for your hello_world
application?  Where is this device initialized?

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs