[U-Boot-Users] Changing u-boot relocation scheme

vb vb at vsbe.com
Thu Jul 24 15:47:08 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 5:23 AM, Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren at ge.com> wrote:

> OK, now I'm curious: what happens if you make the pf() pointer constant?
>  This will (should) change it from an initialized variable in the .data

Haavard, Jerry, your both suggestions are very right, but you are
missing an important point: I am talking about porting code to u-boot,
libraries with hundreds of files, written and working in other
environments - they can't be compiled in as is, and changing them is
prohibitively inefficient.

cheers,
/vb