[U-Boot-Users] Running a application in U-Boot

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Thu Jul 24 21:43:48 CEST 2008

Hello,

> I am working on AT91SAM9263 Customised board having U-boot. I want to rn
> some application on the top of U-boot . I found some command like go to run
> a application in U-boot. I m trying to run the demo program Hello_world.c
> provided in the U-Boot source . But after loading that to 0x40000 addresss
> and executing from 0x40004 address (according to the U-Boot manual) it is
> not Giving proper Output . Plz any one help me How can I run a stand alone
> program in U-Boot ?

The examples are broken for AT91SAM9261 also, and I have a patch for
it attached.
Notice that this patch is only for at91sam9261ek, not for
at91sam9263ek, but if you look at it you should know what to do for
your board.

Notice that there is no memory on address 0x40000 so you can try to
load a program there and start to run it, but obviously it will not
work :-))
U-boot itself is stored at 0x20000000 (beginning of memory) and I
start the examples from address 0x21400000.

NOTE: This patch is not meant for mainlining yet, just to help you on
the short term. (I think I have to solve it more cleanly/generic for
the AT91 series)

Kind Regards,

Remy