[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 3/3] U-Boot-V2:Board:OMAP Introduce Beagle

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Fri Jul 25 00:20:29 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 06:39:06AM -0500, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> Sascha Hauer said the following on 07/22/2008 02:42 AM:
> > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 07:19:06PM -0500, Khandenahally, Raghavendra wrote:
> >
> > This function is unnecessarely big. The two arguments of MUX_VAL could
> > go together in one 32bit value. This way you could do a loop around an
> > array of mux values. Of course a struct type could do the same thing,
> > but having them in one 32bit value allows you to define speaking names
> > for the pin configs making it easier for future board developers. See
> > include/asm-arm/arch-imx/imx27-regs.h for an example for what I mean.
> > This is just an idea, I won't reject the patch because of this.
> >

> Yes, it is obvious that a loop will look simpler, except that the code
> context here is in board_init - where only the bare minimum sram stack
> is available and cinit is not done.. inline code is a requirement here.

OK, I see. Although I think even the smallest stack should be
sufficient for a simple loop (in which you shouldn't depend on
statically initialized variables of course). Anyway, your board - your
thing ;)

Regards,
 Sascha

     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9