[U-Boot-Users] Changing u-boot relocation scheme

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 26 07:36:35 CEST 2008

In message <013a01c8ee5a$966d6c40$c34844c0$@Tjernlund at transmode.se> you wrote:

> I think the best bet is to make -mrelocatable work for PPC. Question is how
> does the other arches do it? Do they include fixup ptrs by default or do
> they lack this functionality?

The question that needs to answered first is if any other
architectures are affected at all, and if so, which ones.

For example, ARM and MIPS (and probably most others) do *NOT* perform
any relocation at all (this should be fixed, of course - being one of
the big probalems we inherited from the original ARMBoot port), but as
is the whole discussion is a non-isssue on these architectures.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Systems programmers are the high priests of a low cult.
                                                       -- R.S. Barton