[U-Boot-Users] using a flat device tree to drive u-boot config

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Jul 29 18:46:46 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
> One topic that come up during OLS in discussions and u-boot BOF was
> the idea of driving u-boot configuration from a device tree instead of
> from "config.h".  I was wondering if anyone has actually looked at
> doing this.

What about creating a tool that parses a device tree and creates (or
updates) the board header file?  This will retain compatibility with
other platforms, clean up the existing header files (they won't need
to contain as much information), and reduce the amount of changes to
U-Boot itself.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale