[U-Boot-Users] Marvell db64460 / mpc7447 migration from U-boot 1.1.2 to U-boot 1.3.3

Stephen Horton SHorton at kodiaknetworks.com
Wed Jul 30 03:08:11 CEST 2008

Hello folks,

In a current work project, I have inherited a compactPCI board that has
an mpc7447/7448 powerpc processor as well as a Marvell system
controller, model mv64462 (stripped down mv64460). The board has a
somewhat working U-boot 1.1.2 loader (using db64460 platform) and a
Gentoo Linux port (kernel version 2.6.9 built using arch/ppc) running on
it from long ago and a company far far away. It looks like the company
contracted with Timesys to pull together the initial software. To
prepare for an upcoming deployment, I would like to bring the OS
up-to-date on this board with a newer kernel (targeting 2.6.24r3), as
well as migrate U-boot to 1.3.3 and fix some bugs along the way.

My Linux kernel work is going very well, but with U-boot I'm stuck. I
have what I believe 'may' be the working U-boot 1.1.2 source code, and I
have migrated all of the board's customizations from various files into
the 1.3.3 stream; however, I can get -no- console output on the serial
port. I don't have access to a remote debugger, so I'm working in the
dark and have no idea how far, if at all, the initialization is
progressing. Does anyone know of any tips to help me along?  Any changes
in mpsc device initialization from 1.1.2 to 1.3.3 that could help me?
Any clues?

Regards,

Stephen