[U-Boot-Users] Pull request u-boot-blackfin.git

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jun 2 13:58:56 CEST 2008

In message <200806011847.44121.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> > I cannot find any of the other subjects. For example,  where  is  any
> > posting that contained the string
> >
> > 	fix up comment about CONFIG_BFIN_BOOT_MODE
>
> i can find them just fine with the same exact subject as well as your replies.
> dont know what to tell you.

Hm...

That's strange.

Now that I look on external achives, I can indeed for example fine
your "fix up comment about CONFIG_BFIN_BOOT_MODE" posting.

OK, got it. My mistake was to just "grep" for the Subjects, and this
didn't work because your subject lines were so long that they were
broken into two lines. Sory...

> > > to "fix" whitespace ?  no, i didnt
> >
> > So how should anybody know if this is the old patch, or  if  you  did
> > any changes, and if so, which changes you did?
>
> you have all the source in the open.  there's no secrets.  if you dont trust
> me, you can check things by running `diff`.

This is not a question of trust, it's a question of  rules.  And  the
rule  is that the submitter of a patch is supposed to provide cleaned
up patches on the mailing list, and only when all issues have been
resolved the custodian should pick up the stuff.

> > We don't want to pull unreviewed code.
>
> for things that are substantial, reposting makes sense.  you want to see
> reposts of only whitespace changes ?

Yes, definitely. How else should anybody know if  you  ever  saw  the
comments?  please  keep in mind that your situation is special as you
are both the submitter of the patch and the custodian who  will  pick
it  up.  Please  try  to  act  as  if  you were two different persons
communicating only over the mailing list.

> > This is your opinion. Fact is, that I rejected  it,  and  I  did  not
> > revert this reject, and I do not revert it now.
>
> then follow up with what needs to happen.  your proposals in the thread werent
> a solution to the problem at hand and you've rejected anything ive tried to
> do to appease you.

I don't have anything new to add to that topic. I wrote on Tue, 22 Apr
2008 00:19:25:

| I accept that the default settings may be not optimal  for  your  use
| case,  so please accept that your settings may not be always optimal,
| either. As a solution I imagine options to the "go" command.  If  you
| consider  this  too  complicated  for your users, please feel free to
| provide an alias in an envrionment  variable  which  your  users  can
| "run".
| I see zero justification for a  new  command  (and  very  little  for
| changes  to  the  implementation  of  "go", but I am still willing to
| allow for such  extensions  if  you  think  it's  necessary  or  more
| convenient).

> > Actually it is pretty foul game to try and  make  me  pull  in  stuff
> > which I explicitely rejected.
>
> please refrain from such irrelevant comments

Please don't try to make me pull rejected code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Anyone attempting to generate random numbers by deterministic  means
is, of course, living in a state of sin."          - John Von Neumann