[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 02/17] U-Boot-V2:Common:Clock Handle case of clockrollover for get_time_ns

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Tue Jun 3 16:14:48 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 07:47:25AM -0500, Menon, Nishanth wrote:
> Sascha,

Now cycle_now == cs->cycle_last...

> (cycle_now - cs->cycle_last) & cs->mask is wrong.

...so 0 & cs->mask = 0

This makes no sense, but this is not the order of execution in current
code.

> Assumptions made:
> A) The bits masked out by cs->mask will remain constant. This may not be true.

Eh? That's why they are masked out.

> B) Roll over assume the min is 0 and max is cs->mask. This need not be the case.
> It would be good to be explicit.

Do you know any counter that does not start counting from zero? If you
have, noone prevents you from substracting the value in your clocksource
read function.

--
Pengutronix e.K. - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry