[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 02/17] U-Boot-V2:Common:Clock Handle case ofclockrollover for get_time_ns

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Tue Jun 3 17:14:08 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 09:39:51AM -0500, Menon, Nishanth wrote:
> Sascha,

It's not that I thought of the code by myself, I just looked into the
kernel and it's exactly like this in the kernel code. So you either just
found a kernel bug or we both understand something wrong.

> > > B) Roll over assume the min is 0 and max is cs->mask. This need not be the case.
> > > It would be good to be explicit.
> >
> > Do you know any counter that does not start counting from zero? If you
> I do not. I am just being a paranoid idiot ;)..
>
> > have, noone prevents you from substracting the value in your clocksource
> > read function.
> Max however is assumed to be cs->mask then. We could have timers which can be configured for ticking till a configured max. probably my paranoia kicking in again?

If that's the only possibility to program this timer then go out and
kill the chip designer ;)

Sascha

--
Pengutronix e.K. - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry