[U-Boot-Users] [patch 0/6] DM9000: Several fixes/cleanups for the DM9000A controller

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Tue Jun 3 20:26:44 CEST 2008

Hello Stefano,

>  this patch does not work on the trizeps board. I get the following error:

I think I know where this one comes from.
The code reporting this error is actually not changed, but the pace in
which it is called is much faster with the new code (when a 2nd packet
is in the fifo) compared to the old U-boot driver code.
I can imagine you run into a race in the network driver that you never
did see before, or very infrequent.

I left this piece of code untouched because the Application Notes did
not speak the same language on this register. One App.note explicitly
mentioned only to check bit 0:1 of this register, while others did
speak about it with that many words. Notice that they all did not
disagree about this.
Besides, the old code, and the Linux kernel, checked the whole byte.

So, stupid me, left it untouched against better knowledge...

In a few minutes I will post a patch which I hope it will solve this.
Can you please try it on your board?
If so, it can be added to the patch series earlier today.

Kind Regards,

Remy